Hi, my name's Wendy and I'm the author of this here blog called A Couple More Hours.
Want to connect? Click here.
I have twin daughters, a loving husband, a fulfilling full-time job and an awesome house.
I sew, I make stuff, occasionally I bake and cook and I have an Etsy shop.
30 random things about me:
- I am sprouting gray hairs around my temple. Gah.
- My bestest friend lives three hours away but we are still connected tight because we talk through email and texts almost every single day.
- I started this blog in 2007 and there's been times when I've wanted to scrap it all but I'm glad I didn't.
- I cannot paint my finger nails correctly. Well, I can paint them, but I'm never 100 percent satisfied with the result because I'm a perfectionist, so I end up taking it right off.
- I'm an introvert but on my blog and online I'm an open book.
- I have connected with a number of awesome women through this blog.
- I'm a middle child. I have two brothers. My oldest brother used to hold me down and fart in my face.
- I met my husband in a thrift store.
- In high school I really loved The Smashing Pumpkins.
- I've been told I'm calm and have a soothing demeanor. The soothing demeanor part cracks me up because I consider myself pretty high strung most of the time. I think I'm just good at concealing it.
- My current and last two cars have been Hondas.
- In 2011 we moved into an awesome new house. We had a crappy house in a crappy neighborhood but we were able to sell it by the skin of our teeth and move onto greener pastures.
- I read every single night before going to sleep.
- I have an Iphone and it is with me constantly.
- I recently gave up drinking soda. This is a HUGE deal. I could down a 32 ounce soda like nobody's business. Now I can't really stand the taste of it. Go me!
- I love office supplies.
- I used to make button eyed dolls. I sold quite a few at craft shows and through my Etsy shop. In 2011 I retired the design.
- One year for my birthday I wanted to have a week straight of pizza for dinner. We managed to have five nights of pizza, all at different pizzerias around town. It was so delicious.
- My favorite color is purple.
- I have green eyes.
- I'm terrible at Words with Friends. If you want to win a game, play me and you will win by at least 125 points.
- I used to hate to bake and cook. Now I really enjoy it.
- We struggled with infertility and were lucky to be blessed with our girls through IVF. I blogged about our struggles and the outstandingly awesome outcome in a series of posts called To Be Called Mommy. It was really scary telling our story and putting it out there into the interwebs but I'm glad I did it.
- My favorite candy is peanut butter M&Ms.
- I was a newspaper reporter before I began my public relations career. I loathe the one-sided state of journalism as it is today.
- Last night I made a delicious crock pot chicken meal.
- I have a mile-long list of to-do projects.
- I have a complicated relationship with some of my in-laws and as much as I'd love to vent about it on my blog I never do. I've considered starting a completely anonymous blog for such things.
- My goal for 2012 is to create a new marketable product for my Etsy shop.
- I think I have rather nice handwriting.