Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
- Perhaps finding a way to reign in the girls' occasional poor behavior (they're not angels all the time, contrary to what their grandparents think). We set up an incentive chart. They do something good, they get a point. Bad, point taken away. They can earn any amount of points during the day, and vice versa about them being taken away. After 14 points, they get $5 allowance money. Count after two days: Lydia: 1. Arlene: 4. Yeah, Lydia's had some troubles. Arlene is working toward a Dairy Queen trip with Mommy.
- Patchouli incense. The scent of my carefree, kid free, mortgage free, worry free, Smashing Pumpkins-obsessed teenage self. Ahhhhhh.
- The Reds are back on TV and they're not sucking yet.
- Finding new books - I bought a new three-book series by Charlaine Harris, the author who wrote the Sookie Stackhouse novels, which I really enjoyed.
- I've been very productive lately with my crafts: birthday gifts done, wedding shower gifts, in progress.
- The catalog of new music I've been listening to lately: Thom Yorke's "Eraser" album (the song Black Swan rocks my brain), Fleet Foxes, Johnny Flynn, Bobby Long, Horse Feathers, Eddie Vedder's Into the Wild soundtrack, Phoenix, and Beyonce's epic masterpiece Single Ladies ... ooooh yeah.
- The weather. What I wouldn't give for a sunny day! And is it too much to ask for the thermometer to go past 50 degrees?
- My office mates at work stealing the last of my delicious hazelnut creamer. I guess the taped-on, red Sharpie sign of "THIS IS WENDY'S" wasn't enough of a deterrent for them. Why?! Why work people?! Bring in your own bleeping creamer! Please don't steal mine! I am now considering the purchase of a mini fridge and my own coffee maker. To keep under my desk.
- I am starting to get freaked out that I won't be able to make my deadline of May 9 (my craft show) to get all of my dolls made. I've been getting other stuff done, just not the dolls. Yikes.
- I have been way too busy at work and I do.not.like.it. I have a whole list of to-do's to-do, but I have been going to three or four meetings each day, making it very difficult to get my to-do's done.
- People who don't Twitter talking about Twittering. They don't get it and therefore should just shut up about it. I can't tell you how many times in the last week I've heard someone describing Twittering as "telling someone in 140 characters or less what you're eating for lunch." Uh, that's not what Twittering is about. At least that's not what I Twitter about and that's not what the people I follow Twitter about.
And now onto the prints. I told you last week about my desire to start collecting prints. Well I have been pressing the 'favorite' button on a ton of letterpress prints on Etsy. These six are at the top of my list:
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I had another store owner buy up 17 dolls.
Look at that face, so sweet!
This was my 109th sale - these white bobby pins.
I have so much fun with my Etsy shop and with Etsy in general! I hope to be able to have continued success to keep my shop open. I am running an inventory reduction sale to sell the resin items that are in my shop. I have just one pendant left and a couple of bobby pins. I plan to sell just dolls in my shop in the future. Whatever I don't sell at my craft show May 9 will go in my shop.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
You suck. You really do. I know that I live in Ohio and it's just your nature to suck, but you've really been sucking it up a lot lately. Suckey suck. Today, I wore a skirt to work, which is something I rarely do (I'm a pants kind of gal) and I also wore heels. I looked quite fancy. But I surely didn't feel fancy when I was freezing my arse off whenever I was outside! I didn't wear a coat! I haven't worn a coat for three weeks, just out of spite, or whatever, to will spring to come ... and I've been faring just fine, thank you very much. I could handle the 50 degree days with just a sweater on. Oh but Mother Nature, you're a sly one. Here it is, April 8, and you decide to let it snow. Thanks. Thanks a lot. And the temperature? Hovering between a measly 32 and 34 degrees? Nice. Very nice. Our high today was 40.
I'm just writing to let you know, Mother Nature, that I surely don't appreciate you deciding to pull this cold weather crap on the one day where I try to look nice. I had a very nice executive luncheon to attend today, and on a normal April day, I'd be looking the part, fitting in, feeling good in my nice skirt and heels paring, but today, oh no ... today! I skated into the luncheon with cheeks all a-flush and I was fricken freezing, and more than two people asked me, "Didn't you wear a coat?!" NO! I didn't wear a coat! It's APRIL 8! And then I cursed your name under my breath with 20 other expletives.
And one more thing, baseball has started. Which means that spring is officially here. I guess you didn't get the memo. Well here you go:
That is all I have to say to you, you mean mother.
TO: Mother Nature
FROM: All of the peoples of the world
RE: Spring is here
Spring is here. It's April.
Baseball season has started.
No XOXO's for you, fricken freezing in my skirt, thanksverymuch,
Friday, April 3, 2009
Click on the link to see the close up of the letters. So clever.
I thought of Two Pretzels when I saw this one! The little blue fringe on the bottom is funny!
Tasty, and I love the turquoise color.