Wednesday, February 25, 2009
And another "not sure why I like this" thing but I do. Would look cute hanging in a bathroom, I think. Just hanging out. Lookin at you when you step out of the shower or doing your business.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Microwave Mug Brownie
4 tbs. flour
4 tbs. sugar
2 tbs. cocoa
dash of salt
2 tbs. vegetable oil
2 tbs. water
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Whisk together dry ingredients in a large coffee mug. Add oil, water and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Microwave on high for 60 or 90 seconds. (Place mug not quite in center of microwave.) Dump it onto a plate or eat it right out of the mug!
Heart Ring by Kyle Ann Metals
Little Love Ring by LunaTepatal
Last week I purchased some new fabric to make some new dolls. Here's a peek at a few:
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
It really pains me to write this to you, it really does. I'm breaking up with you. My infatuation with you is over. You see, this past weekend, we visited you with the intention of buying a new arm chair for the living room. Well, we couldn't find one that we liked. Every arm chair that you carry is too short. We tried lots of chairs out and just weren't comfortable in any of them. None were the right color. They were all squatty. So then, we thought, okay, no dice on a chair, why don't we check out dining room tables. We had spotted some tables on previous trips that we liked. But upon closer inspection with an intent to purchase, you know what IKEA, your tables suck. We tried those out too, and our knees wouldn't fit under the tables. No dice on the tables. So then we thought, okay, let's try to get some glasses. IKEA, what the heck? You had no sets of glasses that were FULL SIZE. You had lots of orange juice glasses, pint glasses, and wine goblets. No just regular 'ol water or pop glasses. So again, no dice! We did buy one thing, we got a strainer. Big whoop. I mean, geeeez IKEA, we came to you wanting to spend some money, and believe me, we tried hard, but we left spending just a couple bucks.
IKEA, I just don't get it. Before we'd go into your store to do some "window shopping" and I would practically salivate. I wanted IT ALL. I had a huge wish list for you. I've raved about you right here on my blog. But once we visited you with the intent on actually purchasing something, we couldn't find anything that we liked!
I'm sorry, but this is goodbye. If you come up with some non-squatty, non-suckie tables or chairs, I'll re-consider.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Here he's helping me Twitter. Thanks Edward!
(No, I am not a stalker, nor am I crazy, I'm just having fun! For some other funny fun with the Edward Cullen action figure, check this out.)
He's styling with brown felt pants, a tan shirt and a brown jacket. He has paint on him to make him look dirty, and of course lots of blood drops.
The back of his bloody head. Yick. I wrapped his head in a 'burlap sack' because I guess he does that in the new movie.
Face mask close up. Mike was laughing because he said that it looks like I made a Jack Skellington mask because the eye holes are so big. Ha - what can I say, I have my artistic influences!
Bloody axe. Of course.
Jason's first kill. Poor dollie. Right in her eye too. Bastard!
Mike is out of town until Saturday night so he gave me my Valentine's present last night too ... I got an Edward Cullen action figure baby! Ooooohhh yeah. Edward is going to keep me company while the husband is away.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
2.) Why can't children's vaccinations be less painful? Like maybe given orally in a grape-flavored syrup? Okay, I know that won't work, but still, I ask you - it just seems cruel, does it not?! The girls had their four-year vaccinations today, including the flu shot, a total of FIVE! Three in one leg and two in the other. The nurses were really swell; they tag-teamed and one took one girl out into the waiting room while the other was getting their shots. I about cried because the girls were being truly brave, but they screamed and cried and I could tell they were thinking, "What the HELL?! This is SO NOT FUN!!!" I think it was worse this time around because they knew what was going on. Arlene about broke my heart - the nurse said, "one leg is done, now the other" and Arlene says, "No, don't do the other leg, I don't want anymore, no no no no no!!" and then SCREEEEEAAAAAMMMM!! as she was stuck the largest of the five needles. Poor little girls. Their thighs were still sore when they went to bed.
3.) Are the prices of gas going to go back up? I paid $1.92 for gas today. I know that's much lower than what we were paying less than six months ago, but still. I liked gas at $1.51 a gallon.
4.) Why do other parents in the girls' preschool always give the kids so much candy during holiday parties? It's crazy how much candy loot the girls come home with on party days. What they come home with is just the icing on the cake (haha I'm so funny) to what they've already stuffed their faces with during class - cupcakes, cookies, suckers, etc. etc. And, I'll have you know, that my kids were the only kids who actually signed their Valentine's themselves! All of the other mom's wrote out their kids' Valentines, but not my smart little girls, they did it themselves!
(yikes, the power just flicked for almost 20 seconds ... but didn't go out, good)
5.) Does anyone else have spring fever already? I'm so ready for capris and flip flops.
6.) I am done with the octuplets mom. Did anyone else watch the Dateline interview with her? Disgusting. If she ever ends up getting her own book deal or her own TV show on TLC, because of her wretched, selfish decision to transfer six embryos, then I will revolt against all society. I read today that there is an investigation now against her IVF doctor, because she used the same doctor for all of her IVF procedures. I hope the doctor gets in trouble for not putting the crazy mom into a mental hospital after she came to him with her fourth IVF procedure. Don't you think three kids is enough for a single, unemployed woman living in her parent's home? Um, yeah. I hate it that people like the octuplets mom and Jon and Kate +8 give a bad name to IVF. When really the issue is irresponsibility and ignorance on their part. I'm so done with J&K+8 too, by the way. Did you know that they recently moved into a million dollar home? And that Jon doesn't work anymore? And that they're on talk shows talking about their "money saving meatloaf" recipe, and asking people for "love offerings" AKA "money" all the while shopping around for million dollar real estate?
7.) Did you know that Friday is Friday the 13th? And that there is a remake of Friday the 13th opening in theaters? And that my husband is so very excited about that? And that he may just get a Jason doll for Valentine's Day if I can finish it in time - my plan is to finish it and give it to him on Friday, but I don't know if that's gonna happen.
8.) I really don't feel like doing this week's Etsy Favorites Wednesday. Do you care?
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
He's still smiling, but he's hurting on the inside.
Friday, February 6, 2009
Here's the top searched keywords that landed people here, with my comments in italics.
- button your eyes - seems to be very popular in this list
- tip toe night brace - glad to share our story with those searching for info
- dolls buttons eyes movies - that person likes to pluralize
- brace for tippy toes - ditto bullet 2
- nightmare before christmas button eyes - being lumped together a lot lately
- etsy gifts under $10 - hopefully that person bought something!
- I'll be doing that for a couple hours - the second best!
- my company was dissolved and the treasury took my money can i get it back - the BEST! unfortunately my stats don't point to the exact page they landed on, so I don't know how this relates to my blog!
- fever 101.9 runny nose - poor sick person
- someone special who could it be. this job's too big for you and me - higgly town heroes!
- crochet hooks cozy - I wonder if they liked the one I made?
- edward cullen keychain - spreadin' the love
Thursday, February 5, 2009
This picture is sideways! Oh well.
I made these cute little cards to go on top of the chocolate button bags.
- Girlie-girl time. Last night I laid in the girls' room for a half hour and we giggled and talked before they fell asleep.
- New crafts. I've been working hard. You wait and see.
- Buttons. Going to make button candy & button chocolates this weekend.
- Valentine's Day. I can rank V-day as my second favorite holiday after Halloween.
- The latte I've been sipping all morning.
- Facebook. Although, it's a good thing FB is blocked on my work computer. I'd be on that thing constantly.
- The girls singing the "Five Dolla Footlong" song from Subway. It's hilarious.
- Actually getting a full night's rest last night. Go figure.
- The dark crusty ice-mounds leftover from the snow storm.
- Not having enough time to get things done.
- Being busy at work. Um hello, I need time to blog and check my blogs. Thx.
- Other people being too busy too, and not blogging or emailing. Boo. Miss them. Much.
- People who are inconsiderate of others and only looking to put themselves ahead.
- The lack of new job possibilities. Not that I'm looking. But if I were. There's nothing.
- Our heater's intake pipe thingie freezing over last night and shutting the heater off. I'm so ready for warmer weather.
- Dry hands. I repeat: I'm so ready for warmer weather.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Okay, first of all guys, a "brooch" is a fancy term for a pin. Got it? So, how cute is this little felt brooch? Trust me, it's cute, and your gal will love it. It says "Happy Valentine's Day" without being over the top. Plus she could wear it all year long on her jacket if she so chooses. And at only $10, it's quite a deal too! And when you give it to her, tell her "I thought you'd like this brooch!" and she'd blush with pleasure at your exquisite vocabulary!
Red Heart Button Earrings
Milk 'n Cookies card
Owly Gift Card Holder
$3.25!! (a huge deal!)
Little heart decorations
Little Black Wristlet